View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3454014)   #12
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I posted in the "radio clampdown" thread a few days back that in addition to not knowing what it wants to be (look forward or backwards), it also doesn't know how to present itself.

In the IT business there is something known as "Conway's Law". It is...

"Organizations which design systems ... are constrained to produce designs which are copies of the communication structures of these organizations"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway's_law

My (potentially poor) application of this to F1 is that in addition to a general "sameness" and lack of technology in the racing correlates to things such as how fans experience and view F1. Outside of moving to HD and more pay-per-view, I don't think much has changed other than the increase in both "glitz" and price of admission. In short I would like to see F1 reinvent the viewing experience. Especially for those that can't view in person. If you believe in Conway's Law, then maybe they can't do one without doing the other (the sport and fan experience hand in hand).

Richard