View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3454081)   #14
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Yes, Formula E is electric and silentish. The spin off from that it seems completely sanitised, safe and without risk. I like to stress, it's not, given the crash between Heidfeld and Prost, which was genuinely hazardous but I think an absence of risk is the aesthetic it gives off and I think would leave anyone somewhat dissatisfied irrespective of their age.

In comparison with cars of yore, which snort, make noise, seem insanely overpowered.

I think if motorsports was composed almost entirely of variants on Formula E, it would be a far smaller motorsport landscape. The interest wouldn't be there and it would be difficult to generate interest as a spectacle.

It might help if electric cars replaced fossil fueled cars as road going cars. In some ways these FE machines seem meeker than the road going cars the average joe drives today. That probably contributes to that vague sense of dissatisfaction.