View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2003, 23:20 (Ref:517761)   #19
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The BRSCC must have a huge amount of costs to justify the amount they are charging for entry fees. The only answer I seem to have seen about it is that the circuit costs are driving them up and its been the same for years. The only way to stop them going up is to organise a national boycott but in racing this just wont happen because of the nature of it, there will always be someone who says "hang on with him/her not doing it I could win this!" so I doubt that's going to work.

I for one cant afford it anymore 300 before the entry fee is a lot of money without a sponsor its a shame but I cant see the trend reversing because there will always be someone about to pay it.

I have just downloaded the entry form from the brscc web site for the first race at Brands (http://www.brscc.co.uk) and RMR is right its 190. Is Bernard Cottrell the man who makes the decisions regarding entry fees? I will write to him and find out who is if he isnt.

If the circuit costs put the entries up why not have a system whereby the more entries the less the entry fee?

Matt