View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3341716)   #3
SidewaysFeltham
Racer

United Kingdom
UK and France
SidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by historic racer View Post
Not a name I remember, the only Longman built engine to that spec I know of was used by Dineen and Crouch, although racing myself I assisted the well known David Enderby who was almost unbeatable in a similar spec Mini.
Doc David Enderby was at one point sponsored in part by a firm called Pole Position racing, operated and owned by an old chum of mine, locally, called David Cannacot.

David C also used to race Cooper S. Indeed, celebrated by pedalling his super lightweight 'glass and alloy S backwards thru Paddock at Brands and finishing up both on the Evening News front page and in intensive care in a coma for two weeks.

I used to tune David Enderby's car on my rolling road, pre-race at one time, circa 1972/3.

I used to stock a wide range of Weber carb parts, then and also bore choke tubes to half millimetre stages in the machine shop to achieve ultimate Stoichiometric Ratios.

And, yes indeed, David E used to go very quickly in the then Osram trophy rounds.