View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2018, 08:42 (Ref:3805648)   #72
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
They run on street circuits because thats the whole idea of the series. Bring the cars to the people not the other way around.

Are F3 cars ridiculous on full circuits? That's the equivalent of the current car. The new one is capable of 185mph which puts it up with GP2 cars.

People really are miles out of date with what electric cars are capable of. The new TCR E car is the equivalent of 675bhp with massive torque, the electric RX car is over 750bhp. The fastest accelerating production car in the world is electric and costs a fraction of the IC equivalent.
The F3 car has slower acceleration but a higher top speed. So it doesn't suddenly max out like the FE car does. That's why they look stupid. Even on the shortened version of Long Beach they looked silly on the front and back straights.

You're trying to sell electric cars to me, which is just preaching to the converted. I'm already a big supporter of electric vehicles and I think you'll find I'm perfectly up to date on what an electric vehicle is capable of. I'm just not in denial about why they use street circuits. The new car might change this, but the new car isn't here yet,

There's nothing wrong with choosing circuits based on your car's strengths. I just wish FE would be a bit more honest about the series. Stop pretending you're super ultra serious whilst creating BTCC bumper cars and Twitter votes for who gets more power. Just be honest about - like BTCC funnily enough.