View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2019, 21:33 (Ref:3936629)   #830
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Can reveal that at Bathurst that car #8 was going to originally have Holden backing through a lion and wildlife sanctuary/charity but pulled out at the last minute due to said sanctuary and charity having a deal with Mercedes in the original country of South Africa. (they have a partnership to a charity here in Aus and the owner of the SA charity is a big motorsport fan)
These scenarios are always interesting. I often wonder how charities justify sponsorship of any kind, but I guess they need to market themselves to find more funding - somewhat of an oxymoron situation, really

And then there's a joker who has been dead for over 2000 years who was sponsoring a V8 Ute and a Muscle car. The brand recognition was amazing though as the first time I saw it, I said Jesus Christ as well