View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2611600)   #14
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wilkinson View Post
This probably won't help any, but the info I've got is that this car went to JQF / Fina and was run for the first part of the '89 BTCC season, then passed to Stuart Donnan for a few outings in '90 and then onto Thundersaloons. I'm pretty sure the Donnan TS Sierra was ex-van Kouwen, (although there was two of them - nothing I've seen about the Donnan car mentions it being "active" like the second van Kouwen car), and I'm working on someone else's research that the Sands Crystal / CC car went to JQF for van Kouwen.
At the end of '88 it was up for sale for £60k. More than the slightly newer (reshelled) and similar (Rouse) spec CAM Shipping car of Lawrence Bristow! (which also ended up in Thundersaloons, iirc).
Stuart Donnan's RS500 was certainly the ex Van Kouwen JQF car.
From what I rememeber from attending the JQF 'Closing Down Sale' (who were based at Easton Neston - originally the home of Hesketh), this car was complete, then there was another prepared (or semi-prepared) RS500 bodyshell.
The much talked about 'active suspension' was (again IIRC) not full active suspension, but used conventional steel springing, the active part was for the anti-roll bars. This whole package was sold (in a series of boxes!) seperately at the auction.