View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2022, 16:59 (Ref:4135212)   #1565
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A very wise warning there, Viv. However, it reminds me of something that happened to me about 10 years ago when I received a somewhat similar call purporting to be from my bank about a transaction. I became suspicious when the person on the phone asked me for 10 figure account login number, so as I was just about to drive past my own bank branch, I told the person that I would deal with the matter in the branch.

It later transpired that it was indeed a member of the bank's head office that had called me, but that took the branch a few days to ascertain by which time they had issued a new card and number. And the caller was then given further training about not asking for numbers, etc.