View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2020, 15:17 (Ref:4020178)   #1648
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just like after each crash, there should be a review of what worked, what didn't. The same should be true for everyone who holds an opinion on safety device development.

For me it's true to say that my preference was and still is a full canopy, but there is no denying the halo's role in Grosjean's survival of the accident.

What I am having thoughts about regarding a canopy, is whether the various escape system mentioned or proposed (I've suggested some in this thread myself) would have allowed Grosjean to escape as quickly as he did.
By the same token, I wonder whether if a canopy was in place as part of the safety cell, would have kept him in a safe cocoon from the fire, allowing it to be put out/brought under sufficient control to then escape.

I have no questions, and no answers, just airing my thoughts after several days of review and relief that Grosjean is alive and relatively unhurt.