Thread: GT Open 2017
View Single Post
Old 28 May 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3736591)   #68
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'd like to see it in a more competitive environment. GT Open is fine but it's hardly Blancpain and IMSA GTD is meant to be an Am team class. Years of development on this car trying to get it fast enough to BOP it, it seems a waste to be stuck in GT Open.
I don't think it will be there for long, provided the performances remain good enough. Apologies to any big GT Open fans, but it's clearly a tier below Blancpain in competition and exposure and that's why it's an ideal series to test the waters, both in terms of development and politicking. Eventually they should upgrade to BSS/BES (more likely the latter), although I think this will depend on Emil Frey's insistence given the extreme cautiousness of Lexus so far.