View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2018, 02:15 (Ref:3860638)   #28
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the time certain **** with the support classes was because they were starting the main race at a time that had some time ( say 10-15 minutes ) built in at the end in case it ran longer than anticipated, that wouldn't be so bad. But when they do the time certain crap on the support classes, then waste time on frivolous **** before the main race, that then starts with no time to spare at the end, it's very hard not to feel totally ripped off, and I'm talking everyone getting totally ripped off - support class people, the main game people ( they do their strategy, pick tyres etc based on going the full distance ), the punters than pay a lot go get in the gate / travel / accommodation etc, sponsors that know there car should have won because it was on the right / better strategy for a full distance race, the list goes on.

Here's another one. In soccer / cricket / horse racing / you name it, if the result is tampered with, people get prosecuted / life bans / heavy fines etc. People bet on car racing too, so if you put your money on car x, and he's clearly going to win, but the officials call the time certain crap and he gets shafted out of the last 4 laps he needed to pass for the win / the leader to make his final pitstop / whatever the case may be, you lose your money, yet had the result not be tampered with by the time certain joke, the car you had your money would have won and you'd get a nice payout. I reckon there needs to be some serious questions asked about all this time certain stuff. Would be interesting if someone pursued it in the above case. If I had the money I'd pursue it out of principle, because it's ruining the spectacle.