View Single Post
Old 26 May 2000, 07:33 (Ref:1550)   #14
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it would be a bad move for Jonny to go to Cart racing, if only for his own safety.

Have any of you read the Christopher Hilton book about Jonny, which goes from his Karting days to F1 with Sauber.

The pain and suffering he had from the F3000 crash was more than anyone could imagine and I don't think his feet would stand many 'hits' on those oval walls. Just about everyone in Cart hits the wall at some, so its inevitable that Jonny will as well.

I have a lot of respect for Jonny, but you have to say that he brings bad luck with him like a suitcase. In the last few years team owners have effectively run a one car team as Jonny's cars has spent more time being fixed than racing....Whatever move he makes to whichever team its still the same -'Unlucky Jonny Herbert 19th on the grid' or whatever.

Give it up Jonny you've had a good run, yes it might have been better without his F3000 crash - I think retirement is due..