View Single Post
Old 6 May 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4050081)   #73
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
What do you guys think about applying a 1.5m strip of low grip surface directly next to the kerb, it being grass, gravel astroturf or whatever is found most suitable?

1.5m would seem barely seem enough to flip a bike over, especially when a suitable surface is chosen. I would see the following advantages:

1 Automatically penalized without need to for the director to intervene or us or teambosses to get upset about anything.
2 Does take much room
3 Is not unsafe for bikes
4 Does not brakes cars like Austrian sausages

5 It's cheap to realize.
6 Errors are penalized but are not directly race ending (might be seen as positive or negative depend of ones POV.
I like it. I would make it more like 3m wide though (ie wider than a F1 car). It would also need to be VERY low grip, as the current painted kerbs are probably somewhat lower friction than the tarmac but that doesn't dissuade drivers from using them.