View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2019, 22:18 (Ref:3920733)   #89
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
So V8SA have confirmed raising an objection, multiple sources have reported a 'block', followed by a hasty announcement of the addition of the AGP for TCR. Yet you are going to stay on the fence and say we shouldn't jump to conclusions?
Nothing "hasty" about the announcement of TCR at AGP, had been under discussion for some time. Re Adelaide, I re-iterate what I first said about the alleged block or veto (different to an objection) and that is the statements by both TCR and V8SA that they are looking at running at V8SA events - the mix of events may not include Adelaide but could still be a very good mix - we really won't know until the V8SA calendar with supports comes out.

Quote:
It was an SA Government event wasn't it?
Like I said, don't recall the media conference that you're specifically referring to but I take if from this post that it was at the Clipsal 500? In that case it would likely have been an SA govt decision to close down the media conference. State govts get VERY sensitive about other events in other states being promoted using the platform of one of their events. Trying to hold such a launch media conference for an event in NSW, using the platform of an SA govt event, would at best be naive.

Quote:
Which disparaging comments were these from the Procar owner?
Any examples of the Procar owner running down the V8SA event?
See my post above replying to Rich07.