View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2019, 06:14 (Ref:3921773)   #857
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS View Post
We get it - you dont like top run or the Subaru, or ARG and seem to be pretty down on the series in general here and worldwide. Its ok, you dont have to like it - no ones going to think less of you. it's getting a bit like a broken record though.
That is bullshit. I admire the commitment and vision that ARG show with this, but right now it is an illusion. I've really enjoyed the racing this year and I've watched more local and international TCR this year than any other series. I've enjoyed some very talented and likeable youngsters running up the front, and also enjoyed some of the big name cameos in unfamiliar cars.

it is however amateur hour to spend $5m to get a series up and running and lose so many entries due to a lack of spares which you would think would be part of the package, especially given how crash-happy TCR is overseas. If you're paying $220k for a car, surely $8k-$10k for a spare engine doesn't break the bank?

The Subaru has barely finished a race overseas and isn't a competitive car, and it is more of an orphan than any of the other cars. Anybody who has watched any TCR would know that. Andre's driving was in some ways heroic but hard on the machine, which may have already been long in the tooth. I'm kinda hoping the Kelly's take over the homologation of it and sort it out. They have a lot of capacity in their operation and depending on what they do with the Supercars team, maybe some of them could be looking for more work.

GRM have also hinted at some further involvement with the Renault.