View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2011, 05:59 (Ref:2815543)   #56
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
So please let me out of my misery - what is a "period type" seat that scrutineers will accept that fits with the App K regs and actually affords a degree of protection?
From Jeremy's post #31

Quote- "But you can run the original or a period specification seat-so have a 1965 copy of Motor sport with you to show the picture in the ad of the seat you have fitted."

So it is the original manufacturer seat or an aftermarket type that was available during the period of your car. I guess that FIAs intention was that the latter should have been manufactured during the period. What has happened fortunately is that newly made replicas (normally steel framed) have been accepted as well. Ridgard, Cobra, OMP, Corbeau....

On a different but relevant note, am putting a new carbon seat in a car where the 'Leg Support' and squab are one, the former split down the centre long ways to allow crutch straps to come through.Guess done for safety, as the leg support can't 'escape', but there is no room for straps and especially adjusters if they are above access hole to 'sit' correctly! The previous seperate support and squab allowed straps to come through correctly orientated, so am swapping from an old one.... Expect a 'Mk3' version eventually where there is an extra transverse slot for crutch straps