Thread: WEC Race 2012 Six Hours of Shanghai
View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3159198)   #184
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now I remember why I have stuck with the ALMS race threads. Just because one team does well with their chosen weapon doesn't make the others choice lesser. Can't be just be glad two are left to battle it out without ripping each to the minutiae of who is technically better and has a better future? Somehow the WEC, LMS and LM threads rip ALL of the enjoyment I get from sportscar racing right out and crap on it. I like to be able to read about what has happened or what teams may be making but apparently the forum is full of the SMARTEST automotive engineers of all time and I should just be grateful for their presence and genius.

Sorry but in describing the two cars to those people who buy and consider Audi, BMW, Lexus, MB (aka most of the race teams target audience) no one has ever asked which will win for the street or which is more advanced. Most have just been BLOWN away completely that they race for 24 hours and what the cars can do in corners and traffic, and yes the youtube app is a GREAT sales tool for getting new fans. And mostly being suburban Americans, the Toyota with a petrol engine is more their style as they just don't get diesels in cars. Although video with sound of an Audi coming around a corner with almost no noise has yet to thoroughly impress anyone that's seen it.