Thread: LE MANS CLASSIC
View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2020, 02:48 (Ref:3951670)   #115
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I see this BMW could come from Aus.
Adrian Brady has long been associated with BMWs of all types. He has (had?)an original BMW Aus (Frank Gardner built) Jim Richards driven JPS 635 which is obviously ex Australia. The car to beat in '85 (ATCC, Aus Endurance title and AMSCAR Series in 1985, claiming 17 wins, a third, a fourth and a fifth from 21 races started.)
But he also has owned/driven a Luigi 3.0CSL. Certainly not from Aus.
I think he himself is not based in Aus.... he certainly lived (maybe still does) in Hong Kong for many years and classes himself as an ex-pat, and does still appear here on occasion to race.
Moving back to the 320 entered for LMC we never really had any Gp5 cars down here as there was no racing for that category, so I doubt whether it (the 320) ever came from here.
Sorry if that is a bit of a long winded way to in saying I doubt it to your maybe from Aus comment!

Last edited by E.B; 15 Jan 2020 at 02:55. Reason: corrected some spelling errors. Been out in the sun!