View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2024, 02:25 (Ref:4203792)   #954
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
The victim?
I think you may mean the accuser.
Guilty parties have yet to be established, unless you are counting the court of public opinion.
To be fair, he said "apparent victim" and honestly I think the general social definition of "victim blaming" is to turn around and attack whoever is making accusations "as a victim". And frankly that is happening quite a bit. It's not quite so overt in this forum, but you look at this topic in other motorsports forum and it is quite scarily misogynistic and with lots of boys will be boys attitudes! In short, as much as there are people quick to cast Horner as the villain there are many doing the same for the complainant.

Not related to your post I quoted above, but a general observation by me is that I see a current line of logic being used in social media that...

NDA has been signed therefore nobody signs an NDA unless they are compensated therefore this is all just a money grab therefore the complainant is the villain therefore Horner is innocent.

I get that logic, but as mentioned in recent posts above, there are other equally valid paths in which the complainant is not a villain.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 4 Apr 2024 at 02:39.