View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2024, 21:58 (Ref:4203982)   #962
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
My point is... Is RB in the same boat at Williams in that they are racing with just two chassis? If they had a spare today and it was viewed as equal quality why not just swap Ricciardo over into the spare now vs. waiting for a new chassis in China?

Richard
I recall reading at the Australian GP when the Albon chassis thing came up that two other (unamed at the time) teams were mentioned as known not to have a spare chassis in their inventory. Alpine have subsequently confirmed they do not have the luxury of a spare chassis atm.
I was wondering who the third might be and felt that it was less likely to be Haas without a spare, given they do not manufacture theirs in house AFAIK, buying in the finished item from Dallara.... thus thinking they would likely have a spare as it would not impact factory (as opposed to financial) resources and be a matter of ordering in pre season with their original two.
Reading now that RB/VCARB would appear to not have one at hand to effect a Ricciardo chassis swap until China implies to me they would be the third one referenced.