View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2000, 20:53 (Ref:35406)   #1
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max Mosley's term as President of the FIA runs out at the end of the 2001 season, but he said that recent attempts by team bosses to oust him has only convinced him to seek re-election when his term runs out in October 2001.

He commented with: 'If people start saying, you have to go, my immediate reaction is I'll have to stay. It always has the opposite effect on me. So I will stand for re-election again next year - provided it's quite clear that the majority of the clubs want me'.

So this is what we'll have to put up with in the future.
Not a FIA president that does his job because he likes it and because he wants to do the best he can to make motorsport succesful.
No, motorsport has to deal with a president who's motivation to be re-elected seems to be a bullheaded and childish attitude as in 'When you say yes, I say no and there's nothing you can do about it.'
Wouldn't it be better for motorsport and Mosley himself if he wouldn't behave like a spoiled child, get rid of this stubborn behaviour and ask himself why some team bosses want him out of the way?