View Single Post
Old 31 May 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4054042)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Originally posted in Gilbert the Gilbern but equally relevant here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It was great fun, thank you for inviting me. David and I have honours even for lap times, I was fastest in qually, he got the race fastest.

It was interesting when we all lost you! (David disappeared to the assembly area when we weren't looking, cue much scratching of heads. I eventually found him at the head of the assembly queue). I found the car to be much easier to drift than my MGB (which tells me we need to sort that out) and could get on the gas much earlier than I had been able to do at the 1 May meeting. We did get pinged for track limits and lost our fastest lap in qually but we still finished well. Come the race, David took us up to 33rd having spent much time swapping places with an MGB, in my stint we got to 28th but I confess it was pretty busy, on one particular lap I overtook a blue Elan at Coppice and ran down to the chicane where I came up behind a B, when I tried to out brake the B , the Elan shot in front of both of us and having better brakes, brake tested both of us, just as a line of faster cars took advantage! I came through the chicane off cam and lost a bit of time. But crucially it was all clean and no contact whatsoever. This would be the story of my stint, because every time I got into position to overtake, the race leaders or the faster cars would bring out the blue flags so progress was hampered. Anyway, my job was to bring Gilbert home unscathed and we achieved that in spades.

Another humorous episode was the flying stuffed animal. Mike's lucky cuddly toy broke loose and spent my stint rolling around the passenger footwell. Fortunately it endured the experience unscathed! Will be reinstalled using a restraint of some kind.

Yup, good to say hi to Lancy.

Good to bump elbows Andy also good to hear you had a good race on Saturday.

Yes we were elevated to the aristocracy this weekend.

This was my first taste of the CSCC and it was a pleasant experience in a lovely car.