Thread: IMSA Race VIR 2016
View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3667845)   #44
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
We have had three practice sessions now and we have had almost no discussion of the on-track action. This Thread is awesome!

I've been impressed by how fast the GTD cars are compared to the GT LM. In practice 3 the leaders in both classes were only separated by 2.2 seconds

The GT3's are indeed way faster than the GTD cars from last year. 6 seconds a lap faster I think? So yeah the folks in GTLM won't be lapping GT3 as much this time. So less traffic to worry about in the first stint of the race. Might get challenging in the 2nd and 3rd fuel stints. It would be nice of the GTLM pole can get down into the 1:40 min range. I do like seeing the GT cars fast. Link to 2013 ALMS race for qualifying for comparison: http://www.racingsportscars.com/resu...013-10-05.html

The field is tight though I hope to see someone other than Corvette or Ford win this time out.

Do you think we can get a full course yellow free race or are the Porsche guys going to bump somebody off the road and cause one to come out?

Last edited by MaskedRacer; 27 Aug 2016 at 14:52.