View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2608956)   #6
Mopar
Racer

Mopar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulsanne Bleu View Post
Not saying that is a bad thing, but banning mid engined cars when all other GT series have them is one thing, restricting the permitted engine configuration to 3.4 V8 is another...especially when other GT series have large varieties to size and configurations...I am getting the impression that Super GT is becoming another one make series like IRL
Hold you horses, I dont think there is any worry of the Super GT becoming a one make series. The shift in rules for GT500 makes huge sense. The only cars that have won in the class over the last decade have been the Factory supported Japanese cars. So to equalise this out with existing race bred engines (from what i understand these are slight variations on the IRL/indycar engines which then became the Formula Nippon engines) makes logical sense. The cars still look fantastic and seeing the latest generation GT-R follow in the footsteps of the r31,r32,r33 and r34 is massively appealing to the European race fan! Monteiro would be a welcome addition to the Nismo camp, i kind of feel his abilities are a little wasted in the front wheel drive diesels of the WTCC.