View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2014, 07:23 (Ref:3372267)   #105
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Unless the series you compete in is an FIA sanctioned race it is upto the organizer if they wish to enforce the papers being in date. All pretty pointless as it simply proves that for a moment in time every 5 years your car conforms.
That's my take, and will be interesting to see what stance organisers take. As it is not unusual now to be racing in some categories against cars with no HTP or with considerable changes after getting them it really should not make a lot of difference?

What is frustrating to me about the whole business is that the goalposts move. I have one car that was granted HTP without question, but because it has now been decided by the powers that one modification commonly carried out is maybe not period correct likely it will be refused next time! So that car will be raced without new papers and with a sympathetic organiser, or not at all.

Would be nice to get a letter from MSA explaining the HTP re-issue costs etc, especially as I have clutch of the darn things that will be required to be done- if I decide to bother!