View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3766823)   #1518
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First sector ok, the entrance to Salotto I can understand being tightened especially as it will mark the end of probably slightly over 1000m "straight".

What I don't get is that ridiculously tights set of esses that have their entrance so close to the lake?

I can understand not wanting another 900m straight coming back around the lake, but there has to be something more elegant than that chicane.

Finally at the end of the straight, what the hell is that supposed to be? It looks like a street course solution to where a new roundabout has been built across where previous years have raced.
I'd also suggest as drawn it's not very safe either. As cars go through the right hander there is a section where they will be pointing at cars coming out of tight left handed part without any form of barrier. I know this happens at chicanes at other circuits, but it usually occurs on a slow apex where the car has slowed in a straight line before hand, this would be happening through a curved braking zone for that tight second part.