View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2006, 21:47 (Ref:1697122)   #3
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypipe
Neil Hassler is still alive and kicking. Has been racing in Mighty Minis until recently. He has been concentrating getting his step daughter in formula woman. He still has his trusty Sunbeam Lotus and I am trying to persuade him into joining the DTRC. Last heard of Vince Mitchell when i was racing against him in the Falken Tyres Mod Prods in the mid 90's but he sold his car and i think that was that
I seem to recall that Vince was working for Audi, which is probably when I last bumped into him, or his brother.

Petrol in terms of value compared to income is about the same as it was in around 1980. I remember it jumping to over a quid a gallon, and the woe in the press about it. Average bloke was probably on around £120 a week, now Mr Average is supposed to be on £500 a week, and petrol is £4.50 a gallon.

We just had a lot of years between then and now where fuel was cheap, regardless of the tax.

Rob.