View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3083563)   #53
ukracer
Rookie

ukracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamakiRX View Post
Hi All

After getting alot of enquiries and info wanted on getting into Rallycross, I have spent some time putting together a "Rallycross" fact sheet on getting into the sport and also a video.

This includes car build info, safety gear, license requirements etc etc.

If you are interested in getting into Rallycross please e mail me on:

jrrallyx726@yahoo.co.uk

I will then send info to you and hopefully see you on the circuit soon.
Many thanks for putting the info together. Myself and my son have been racing radio control cars for some 14 years and after a short break started up again but soon found driving standards had not improved and after finding a set of tyres (you really need at least 3 sets per meeting to compete) was now 46 quid started to wonder if clarkson and hammond really had found a cheap motorsport (relatively)

My son if off to dubai to work for 6 months so we have 6 months to research our next move. I have a unit with a ramp and tools /compressor etc and was going to release it as it costs me 300 quid per month BUT I would like to prep basic rallycross cars with a view to funding my son having a blast in 2013.

My son has just completed building a 2 litre red top mini (but its like a bullet so not really suitable for rally cross I doubt.) and when he comes back after xmas he will be selling it and we can use this to fund our fun for next year (if all goes to plan)

I have also spent two years building a business up with a guy from 500 quid per month to £100.000 selling vinyl cutters online and he has stitched me up with my commission so I am trying to fund legal costs to get the 50 grand he owes me but scum like that usually get away with things so if all else fails I will be selling decals and signs to top up my pension so painting/welding/bodywork/race decals I will have sorted easilly, the engines I will have more problems with. Real car engines are a far cry from the Nitro engines I am used to working on lol

My question is what is the cheapest and cheapest/competitive car to use and be realistic ??