View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2018, 18:37 (Ref:3798089)   #148
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
You can only earn a maximum of two, but remember that JCDC Jota have played the same game the manufacturers have - they have had different team names at different times, so technically they are different entries. So if the ACO continues to allow that loophole to remain open (that is, afterall why we get 4 Fords), then JCDC Jota could in theory get up to 5.

It'd be a bit crap to have teams fielding so many cars, but I guess if they allow manufacturers to do it then there's no reason to not allow privateers.

Last time I checked, AsLMS got 2 GT auto entries, which seems insane. But I'm not sure if that's changed. That'd be half, sometimes two thirds, of the AsLMS GT class getting an auto-invite. I know AsLMS isn't popular, but I do like it and even I find that silly.
Yeah I know they can get around it they want, just that there's no mandate or even pressure in having them there. It's one thing to have fleet of admitted cars for full factory teams, but they're not really even "selected representatives" from the privateer constructor like the differently branded entities for say Oak Racing used to be (and to day still are) when they've entered armadas of vehicles under either clear or disguised names. Jota isn't run by Oreca nor even it's "chosen team", I think that falls more into Rebellion and to extent the rebadged fake Alpines. So in the end, it's a team which admittedly supports ACO a lot, but still a "minor player" in terms of being able to put in pressure for getting extra entries (assuming they'd even want them). That's why I think at best they'd get 3rd car at the bottom of reserves

I think the ASLMS GT auto entry goes only to one, thank god