View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3487174)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd rate vandoorne above verstappen, but that's because to me, vandoorne did a wicked job as a rookie being very strong in a series which is allegedly very difficult for a rookie to be very strong in. it took the champion 3 seasons to get to the level of consistency and relative speed that vandoorne had developed by late season. in comparison, verstappen was beaten by a fellow rookie, albeit by one with more experience. his speed was superb, but could he have beaten ocon to the title, or blomqvist to second place? vandoorne couldn't have beaten palmer to the title.

which i guess shows why it's difficult to be impartial about it. i favour both ocon and vandoorne over verstappen for reasons, whilst others will feel strongly about verstappens form relative to what was expected of him.