View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2000, 06:24 (Ref:549)   #11
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its not about conspiracy or anything. I consider Michael as among the Top 10 drivers in f1 these days. But even his most devoted fans would agree that he has lost a bit of 'edge' over past few seasons. He is now on the stage that probably Lauda was in 1977.

Mika is also struggling for motivation but let's accept the fact that Mclarens have done no good to bolster his confidence. Its tough working your ass off driving a f1 car on limit and then suddenly the engine blows off or your teammate is allowed to win the race while you are the main contender for the title. Like I've said before Mika has done it the hard way. He is a fighter and alongwith it a very humble and good human being.

Just read his comments after the qualifying at silverstone:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> I saw a red car behind me and obviously I didnt know it was Rubens or Michael but i slowed down as i didnt want to destroy anybody's laptime<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And after the race:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> I am sorry that I touched Michael on the start and he fell back. i didnt do it on intention <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now this is the mark of a man with class, character and dignity. Mika is a driver that every person should be a fan of. C-U-L8R

MIKA FOR 3.