View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2401257)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Ricky's an elite guy, so, really, you would expect him to get the job done.

If a person comes from another discipline who is rather good, including champions, then you would think they have a good chance of success in the medium-to-long term: but an initial period of difficulty, possibly notable difficulty, would be quite possible (arguably expected).

I think it is different when you are dealing with legends. I don't think there can be any doubt that Ricky is a living legend? Guys of his ilk are just brutally brilliant and motivated. They are just too good. It is like if Michael Schumacher decided to compete in NASCAR (it ain't gonna happen, clearly): he WOULD do an impressive job.

I suppose I am rambling on about entirely subjective things. All I can say is that I am not at all surprised Ricky is doing a great job.

I don't mind the new pit rules. In the long run they are going to prove largely pointless, but in the shorter term it is interesting seeing how the teams tackle them. I would hate the rules if they were being used in some other forms of motorsport, but NASCAR oval racing isn't one of them: it just doesn't make so much of a difference, really, IMO.

I don't understand how they are meant to cut costs.

Last edited by Dutton; 21 Feb 2009 at 08:25.