View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2018, 01:51 (Ref:3869813)   #6173
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Car performance is not limited to the tiniest details like suggested. Everything I've read says that the performance window is power/weight l/d in terms of aero. Also movable aero devices might be an area that you can use to make your car better. In super gt the aero kits are mandated now. I think that they might be allowed for one change. Same thing with these rules. There's nothing I see that says you can't make a gain on areas of the car that are outside of the performance window of power and downforce/drag. If they have a trick in the suspension that gives them better handling is that part of the performance window? It's like Indycar where the best teams are the best because they are getting the most out of their setups. Those cars are spec as can be in those areas but there's still teams that win more often than not.

Not everything is good in the rules but imo there's nothing that shows any advantage isn't worth pursuing. The thing is where in the rules do you find that advantage.