Thread: Track Limits
View Single Post
Old 18 May 2023, 14:11 (Ref:4156714)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
As this is in the F1 forum, I will talk about the F1 tracks.

I understand the Monaco comparison when discussing run off areas etc. I think that it is perhaps given in jest or light heartedly, but the subtlety of humour is often lost in black and white text. So perhaps some are serious by introducing that red herring into this discussion?

Anyway, the trend for newer street tracks like Baku and the other new mega fast street circuits introduced within the last few years is for a small mistake to potentially lead to a multi-million pound repair bill and driver injuries. That is not a good trend IMO, and in the modern safety conscious F1 world seems to be a massive retrograde step. I would rather get rid of most such tracks from the F1 calendar and have sensible discussions about track limits in safer purpose built tracks.

Idk, they all seemed well behaved at Saudi and Baku. Hardly anyone in the wall there. Same with Miami, although that’s not quite the same