View Single Post
Old 30 May 2023, 11:13 (Ref:4158829)   #25
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I enjoyed the day, although the "moderns" were a bit thin on the ground. Good crowd though who witnessed at least two excellent touring car races. The Pre 66s put on a good show, but, and I may be biased, the HRDC Gerry Marshall Trophy was spectacular. Rovers and Capris drifting through Paddock on the limit were well worth staying on to watch.
I went on Sunday - quite a good day of racing as you say. Highlight for me was the F1 (the sight and sound of those is always special). Gerry Marshall trophy was good fun too, a good mix of machinery there. Pre 66's were good - maybe lacking some of the variety of old? Could just be my perception - maybe it's the hordes of Cortinas.

The new GT grid was pretty small - I'm not sure that warrants a place on the bill here yet, those cars still have other homes that they can race in. The endurance legends grid wasn't huge either - but those cars do get a free pass on that front because they're just spectacular to watch around the GP circuit. Shame that damage and reliability thinned them out further for the second race. Also the inclusion of GT3 cars (or car ) seems odd -again they still have places to race. Having said that if someone brought out one of the Morgan GT3 cars for this I wouldn't be complaining.