Old 20 Apr 2002, 22:41 (Ref:265959)   #7
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by caseyfan19
**** i was not paying attention then sorry!
It's ok, really. But please try to remember it is not only a violation of the forum rules, it is also against the law to post full copyrighted articles. Many lawsuits have been brought against message boards for this, and we would prefer not to be one of them.

Here is a link to the Forum Rules if you would like to review them. Specifics in Copyright Law are a little more difficult to find, much less understand unless you have studied law. And while I am not a Lawyer, I have studied it to a point, and have a basic understanding of this issue.

What we are allowed to do as members of this or any forum by law is as yet still unclear. However, I have researched this pretty extensively, and believe we are allowed to post links to articles, and a small portion of them, as that is usually enough to indicate what the articles are about. Approximately two paragraphs is enough for that puopose. I base this belief on the following quote from United States District Court Judge Margaret M. Morrow, "Generally, no more of a work may be taken than is necessary to make the accompanying comment understandable.", from the Summary Judgement from the case LA Times v. Free Republic.

There may be Fair Use or First Amendment issues that need to be resolved, but that is for the courts to decide. Until that time, we have to watch what we do or we will possibly be the next forum in the court room.

Last edited by Tim B; 20 Apr 2002 at 22:42.