Thread: Simon Arron
View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2022, 17:25 (Ref:4134520)   #11
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
A lovely man whose love of motorsport was a beacon of enthusiasm for motor sport in every form . Unlike so any of his younger peers , Simon adored club motorsport and wasn't so in thrall to the shiny allure of F1 that he affected disdain for 'lesser ' forms of racing. I got to know Simon quite well after interviewing him for a club magazine feature about 10 years ago and he was gracious enough to write the foreword to my book.

I will greatly miss our chance meetings at race circuits all over the country. One encounter epitomised how universally popular Simon was . We were chatting in the paddock at Goodwood and the number of people who came over and said hello , or patted his shoulder was extraordinary , and they ranged from a very well known former F1 driver, other journalists , drivers amateur and pro - and nobodies like me .

A good man who I will miss a lot