View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1663290)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highside
Best way forward is to buy yourself a race seat in someone elses car. Most teams need at least one paying driver (usualy three), so there are plenty of drives available if you look hard enough.

Might be worth buying a drive in VLN or CHC first to see if you like it - apparently it's not eveyone's cup-of-tea, and very different to burning round during a Touristenfahrt. Also this will put you in contact with the right guys who do N24, and get your face known, so if a drive comes up they know who you are & that your are interested, and can be trusted to get their car round without mishap.

Must admit having watched this year I am very tempted myself, but I'll stick to doing a few CHC rounds next year if i can get enough signitures first.
Right, OK thanks for the advice.

How would I get in touch with someone "in the know"?

What I was thinking if I did intend to build my own car, was a 1996 BMW 325 which I have seen go for about £1200. I figure fitting a
new engine would cost £1200,
exhaust £200,
sports brakes & wheels & tyres £1500,
roll cage £500?,
strip out all the interior, make it as light as possible.

I figure if I spend about £4-6K on a car that would be OK.

But your probably right with wanting to try out a race first.

How much does it cost approx for a race seat?