Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2018, 09:36 (Ref:3858116)   #603
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
That's how I understand things - Dragonspeed's a BIG maybe, but sofar as I know everything else is correct. I'm thinking we'll see a one-car ESM Ligier if we don't hear good news about DPi funding by the end of November, but I don't dare predict anything with where they'll end up. If they can't put together funds for a DPi program, LMP2 is the logical place, though - they have the cars and can turn them back to LMP2 Ligiers easily enough, and there will be no worries about the manufacturer fee.
ESM lost tequila patron sponsorship, it's just about a lack of budget issue.
Highcroft racing lost same sponsor at the end of 2010 and their sportscars programs basically ended (they ran 2011 sebring and 2012 LM with delta wing just because backed by michelin and nissan).
Beyond that, don't think ESM is interested to run a pro-am program in lmp2 anyway.

Such a suicide move the P class split, considering that an oreca lmp2 was 3 points away from being champion.
If HPD will open for customers, DPi class will turn in some kind of closed wheel indy