View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2022, 17:55 (Ref:4104815)   #7
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Hmm not sure interest warrants individual round threads?

However the first two rounds have thrown up some very interesting and in some cases unexpected form.

Lawson is unlucky not to have a commanding points lead after the pit stop wheel failure yesterday but looks strong.

Pourchaire has had terrible misfortune so far. I suspect when he gets rid of the teams black cats he will be regularly contending for wins.

Doohan has puzzled me. Seems genuinely quick but in both meetings so far has caused a big problem and blamed someone else both times.

Hitech could be the dark horses, Armstrong and Vips have both been mega fast at points of the races but need consistency.
Yeah, Lawson and Pourchaire have both had bad luck so far, and Lawson especially looks the class of the field (admittedly, only 2 rounds in).

Doohan and Hauger have been puzzling I think, not what I expected, but then again, the sophomore drivers seem particularly good this year, so the rookies may struggle a bit more, relatively speaking.

Drugovich is bang on form after his return to MP Motorsport - hypothetically, if he carries on his form and took the title, it'd be difficult to see where he'd slot into F1, whereas Lawson, Pourchaire, Vips and plenty of others would appear to have a guaranteed seat if they won the F2 title.