View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2020, 14:23 (Ref:3954568)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure if the Bathurst organizers really give a rip when the Daytona 24 is.

My curiosity sent me down a rabbit hole of schedules....

The 90s editions of the event were primarily run in late March, early April expect for one running in August. When the 12 hr event started back in the mid 00s, it was run in mid to early February, with it looking like the last 5 years or so being run on the first Sunday in February. Someone smarter than me can tell us why this particular weekend works. Part if it is likely being track / town availability and the off season for the Supercars, even though one year there was mandatory V8s testing (or some silly conflict) scheduled the same weekend.

Looking forward to this afternoon!