Old 11 Sep 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3766166)   #129
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpoe View Post
Been to quite a few GP this season and spent time in the pit lane etc , seen a lot of Palmer running slow or loosing track time, he has had a raw deal from Renault , it is impossible not to over drive when you have restricted running, the whole thing has been badly handled by Renault and leaves Palmer in a terrible position which he frankly does not deserve as you cant show your potential from the side of the circuit.
so did everyone

in all fairness, i think he posted some seriously and constantly competitive laptimes in spa (of all places) and ive read somewhere that spa was actually the first weekend of the season, when he was given the exact same spec as hulkenberg...

i dont think we are losing a big talent, but sure he would have looked much better if the team didnt use him as a guinea pig. also, from personal experience, he comes across as a genuine nice guy (maybe even too nice for f1), so while i dont think he is schumi, i do feel a little sorry, and certainly hope he will pull a few real confident boosting drives in whichever series he is heading to.