View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3914170)   #2
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm coming to the UK on a vacation from the States in August/September and will be arriving just in time to make the WEC race at Silverstone. I can only make it on Sunday, but I'm trying to determine where the best place to watch from will be. My wife will be with me and she isn't much for walking the entire race (she is used to attending dirt oval racing where you can see everything from your seat). I'm mostly looking for a place that is good to see on track action in front of you, but might also have a tv screen so that you can see the other action occurring elsewhere around the track.

Thank you, and feel free to recommend anything else I may not be thinking of. We are going to be coming from London for that day.

Thanks,
Jeff.
Quite a few grandstands will be open and they are all included in the ticket price (seats are unallocated). Personally I think the three best places to watch are:

Luffield (slow hairpin, viewing close to cars)
Club (long view of cars in a left-right and along the start/finish line)
Maggots/Becketts (awesome view of the long sweep)

The International Pit Straight grandstand along the start/finish straight was a great place to watch the pre-race and start, but it is being renovated and I'm not sure what will be there instead. I tend to watch the start from Club, it gives a decent (albeit head-on) view of the start/finish straight but is the best place to watch the slow two-by-two approach to the start.

If you don't want to walk the circuit at all, I would just park yourself in Club. Great corner, view of the start/finish and podium, usually a screen opposite, toilets and food outlets nearby.