View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2019, 05:48 (Ref:3925924)   #57
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post
Isnt it about time to have the annual debate about which route to take?!?!?

Last couple of years I have gone via Lille, but google says it is now full of roadworks and suggests going north on the E313 route. My motorhome is somewhat under powered, so flat dual carriageways are good! The last bit from Liege is a killer

On a different note, I am giving a lift out to Spa to a young chap over from NZ. He is heading to Munich to drink beer on the sunday. Anyone heading that way, or heading near a railway station in broadly the right direction at some point on sunday?

thanks Geraint.
Can’t help you on the lift, Geraint, I’m afraid.

The bottleneck travelling in May was where the E40 and E42 join at Liege, so whichever route was chosen resulted in the same slow section. Looks like it’s eased now, but I didn’t do the Summer Classic, so not up to date! Even with Brussels traffic, the E40 route shows as quicker, but both require negotiating the steep hills between Liege and circuit. Even if you go North via Antwerp on the A313 you still have the hills! I should be arriving from the south and west via E25 from Luxembourg, which will be interesting, as last section on the N66 to Stavelot will be unfamiliar......