View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2022, 18:14 (Ref:4103733)   #12
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
6. Other than the 3 laps of max and Charles, it was difficult to get worked up throughout much of the race. The longer a green flag run went, the worse the gaps became.

And usually when Mercedes double dnfs, it brings some interesting results. Red bull double dnf brought Mercedes to the podium.

Cars appear to be able to follow closer, let's hope some teams can figure out how to close in on their rivals for some actual decent races.
I gave it a seven, but almost gave it a six, but I agree very much with the post above.

If the cars are relatively equal, it looks like there is the potential for fantastic battles. But if you look at the entire field, there is still a good bit of race pace differences which results in them being spread out and not in position to try to really pass that much. While there were a few mid-field battles, in general, (as mentioned above), the longer the green flag was out, the larger the gaps between then cars became. But honestly, that is exactly as I expected. It is the first race for a new tech spec. I would have been shocked if everyone was bunched up tightly.

Other than the initial Max and Charles battle, most of the remaining on track drama was driven by retirements. Those retirements either caused unexpected results and/or bunched up the field due to safety car. All of which is mostly artificial drama.

Richard