View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2022, 23:28 (Ref:4105472)   #23
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I did mean to mention regarding the picture of the flexible clamp in my last post that the camera on it is a Panasonic HC VXF990 that I have had for a couple of years. It is an updated version of the old 900 series but is 4k as well as 1080p HD. it's certainly a good bit of kit and even has wifi so you can stream live (if that floats yer boat)
At the end of last year I also bought a Sony FDR AX53, another 4k camcorder but has a built in gimbal on the lens. Although I use it a lot for various videos that I make I tend to go for the Panasonic if I am just wandering about as the Sony is bigger and considerably heavier, but takes amazing stabilized footage especially when walking and filming at the same time.
I still have 3 of the old Panasonic 900 series that I will still use for multi cam shots as they still work extremely well and aren't worth a lot of money so not worth selling.
Regarding 4k, I often use it for filming groups mainly because you can crop parts in editing without losing quality in the finished article when rendered back to 1080p HD
4K takes up a lot of space and computing power compared to HD using the same frame rate and most of the finished videos are viewed on small phone and tablet screens these days so making and uploading them isn't worth wasting the time and space IMHO.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !