View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2022, 18:28 (Ref:4116455)   #2438
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Lighting is eerie, looks like a horror video game
The first page or two of pictures were taken between 0500 and 0530 Sunday morning, with dawn officially at 0527. So although it looks dark, to human eyes it was already quite light. I prefer to keep a high shutter speed and low ISO so the images look darker, but are more likely to be sharp. It also depends where the headlights are pointing. I like the eerie effects that result, especially when the cars are running interesting lighting!

Nurburgring is really properly dark at night though so I wasn't able to capture night images. The GP track is better for that but this year was Nordschleife only for me.

My only disappointment the whole weekend was getting to the Karussel and discovering that the marshals team (who I think were Brits!) had parked a van right in front of the better of the two photo cutouts (the one on the exit of the curve). I was very tired by this point and almost burst into tears! The other cutout (from which I took that last page or so of images here) is good, but not quite the same!

So if you're reading, lovely British marshals at the Karussel, please park your van 6 feet further back next year, thank you!

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 20 Jun 2022 at 18:51.