Thread: Team Honda in F1
View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2019, 00:29 (Ref:3915434)   #87
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
its sports...one person is always trying harder, wants it more. thats not the same as saying the others were not trying, it just means that effort/desire is not equal.
Wow! You would make a great motivational speaker for the team members. That would be quite the victory speech for back at HQ. I would agree it's not equal. Given the balance of staff at RBR and Honda working on this... Who has put forth more blood sweat and tears? Max or the entire bulk of the rest of the combined organization? I am utterly gobsmacked by your line of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
and in this case you take that driver out of that combination and the car-engine finishes a lap down.
That applies to anything. For example, take that chassis, engine and driver and drop them into a substandard team... he could finish a lap down. Rinse and repeat with other components. I will say that Honda has been the weak link (and maybe a bit the Red Bull chassis) so far, but they have won a race. It wasn't a rain race, the top drivers/teams didn't retire, etc. It was a legitimate win and that was significant.

If Max is really the key here, why hasn't he won every race so far? Was he just not hungry enough earlier this year?

Richard