View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2019, 00:22 (Ref:3915583)   #301
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Agreed. I'm sure only a couple of years ago we had a record entry and it was a disaster at least until midnight. I also seemed to remember an effort being made to reduce the starting numbers in response to this, but I may be mistaken. It seems lessons are not so easily learnt.

As a non-drinker, I don't mind the late start but it will make it a long day the next day. I've never understood getting rat-arsed on Saturday, knowing you have a long day of dehydration and loud vehicles ahead of you.
Agreed I thought SRO was better than that. They don't learn lessons. 72 cars with this stupid safety car procedure they have now. This will be less of an endurance race than a series of sprints separated by respites with the yellow flag.

Still awesome to see so much depth in the field. We even have pro efforts from Ferrari and Acura. 2 let downs are no McLarens and the lack of a pro Lexus. The IMSA series along with Emil Frey last year shows that Lexus is a very good car. Surprised to see it has not caught on as much. Would love to trade the excess number of Audis and Lamboghinis for more Lexus and McLarens.