View Single Post
Old 25 May 2004, 21:49 (Ref:983095)   #14
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by b1ackcr0w
I think what Stu was getting at is, while BARC undoubtedly provide a superb scheme, if a suitable opportunity arises, could somebody also pass the regards of all the ten-tenther marshals to our man? Just let him know that a lot of people are thinking about him and want him to get better.

I'm sure in a similar situation, it would cheer me up a bit.
The support I received on the day was ok but........

the phone calls during the following week (from some people I did not even realise had my phone number) were never ending.
Lots of advice, suggestions but, above all, people who just wanted to allow me to talk. Made such as difference!!

But as I learnt this week-end.....

we are all taught how to "Marshal" but we are never taught how to deal with "Death" or "Nearlys" !

this is not a criticism of any training, just a realisation of some of the situations that we marshals may find ourselves in.

We are NOT heroes, just humans. therefore we may feel affected by certain incidents.
So what I would say is:

if you (whoever you are), see a fellow marshal have to endure something that you would not like to have been involved with, then maybe they'd like a phone call, if only to discuss it with you.

Trust me, it really does make a difference.

so if anyone has the phone number of the marshal at Hilltop then please send it to me, via pm, as I saw his incident and also have a good idea just what he/they have gone through.